Project Case Studies
Here you will find a selection of our Data Center Project Case Studies. If you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Global Aviation Client – Programme Management
Tier III Modular Data Center
New Data Center Delivered Ahead of Schedule and Under Budget
A confidential aviation airport client has opened a modular data center in the Middle East, built by Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei.
The facility has received Tier III Facility certification from Uptime Institute, testifying that it is concurrently maintainable and allows for planned maintenance without disrupting the operation of IT hardware.
“It is one of the most advanced and unique Tier III certified data centers in the world that will ensure highest levels of availability, maintainability, resiliency and seamless business continuity,” said Alaa ElShimy, managing director and vice president at Huawei Enterprise Middle East.
Our client, an International Airport owner, one of the biggest civil aviation hub in the region required a new data center to host its private cloud environment, and The Electrical Group worked closely with Huawei providing programme management.
Modular data centers can be constructed in a fraction of the time it takes to erect a traditional facility, and can be easily shipped to areas where building a permanent data center is impractical.
Healthcare Client – Project Management
Decreasing Risk to Increase Client Savings
The Electric Group Data Center Project Management created a capital expenditure savings of 13%. Provided oversight and risk mitigation throughout the project, leading to over $14M of value engineering items accepted by the client.
A 6,300 sf space with the infrastructure to support 10,000 sf, is the new mission critical data center located in the basement of an existing building on the Healthcare facility. The mechanical system includes a 2N redundant water cooled chiller system with N+4 redundant CRAC units. The electrical system provides 2N redundancies and includes two 800 KVA’s, six remote distribution units and a 2,000 kW emergency standby generator. The electrical load was designed for 68.5 w/sf. The project had an aggressive construction schedule of four months.
Financial Services Client – Dispute Resolution
Critical Negotiations Return Sizable Client Savings
We continue to see a steady stream of disputes arising throughout Europe, typically in relation to extensions of time, prolongation costs and variation accounts. Final Account disputes in relation to mega-projects have largely worked their way through to a resolution, and we now see more ‘mid-value’ final account claims, but a steady and consistent flow of them.
Key themes causing these claims to arise still permeate:
• Incomplete designs,
• Over ambitious delivery periods, and
• Poor contract administration – on both sides
Data Center Campus – Programme Management
Largest Data Center in California with lowest power cost
A west coast Tier I data center in Sacramento, California with over 52.7 megawatts of high density critical IT capacity spread across three fully integrated buildings totaling 680,000 square feet of data center space.
A LEED Gold certified and EPA ENERGY STAR rated, with one of the lowest PUEs in the industry. It is largely filled with retail and large wholesale data center customers.
- 12.6 MW of critical IT load
- On-site dedicated 69 kV substation with dual feeds
- 32 MW of backup generator power
- High-end mission critical data center with patented infrastructure design and 100% availability SLA
- Concurrently maintainable and fault tolerant
- Power densities available up to 22 kW per rack
- Highly intelligent and self-healing N-Matrix® data center infrastructure management (DCIM) system integrated into operations for real-time control and monitoring.
- Centralized industrial chiller plant with automatic controls to maximize operating efficiency and PUE
- High efficiency cooling infrastructure with both airside and waterside economization
- N+2 configuration with 100% availability SLA
- Cooling capacity up to 22 kW per rack
- 36 and 48 inch raised floor design